Thursday, May 15, 2014

Free Pattern: Chunky Newborn Hat


I've recently become obsessed with chunky yarn.  I bought a bunch of it but then realized how expensive it is to actually make anything big with it, so I went in search of smaller projects to do with it.  Here's a pattern I found on another blog (here) that is really simple and really fast - like really, really fast.

I'd recommend making your stitches a little looser, at least at first, otherwise it'll end up really stiff.


I used Michael's Loops & Threads for the cream one and Lion Brand Hometown USA for the burgundy one.  Any super bulky yarn will work. 
Use a P or N crochet hook.

Ch 3, Sl st in 1st ch to join,
R1: ch 1, 5 sc around, sl st in 1st ch to join.
R2: ch 1, sc in same st *2 sc in each st* around, sl st to join
R3: ch 1 sc in same st * sc in next st, 2 sc in next* around, sl st to join
R4: ch 2, hdc in same st, *hdc in next 2 st, 2 hdc in in next* around, sl st to join
R5-7: ch 2, *hdc in each st* around, sl st to join
R8: ch 3, *sk 1 st, dc in next st, ch 1* around, sl st in 2nd chain to join.
Weave in ends, run ribbon through spaces between dc's, and tie a bow.






No comments:

Post a Comment