Friday, October 11, 2013

Free Pattern: Simple Fingerless Gloves

I'll start my blog off with a free pattern!  I haven't perfected the art of creating patterns so these are basically just the notes I wrote down to make the gloves you see in the picture.




My materials:
Red Heart Boutique Midnight
Yarn weight - 4 (medium)
Hook size - J-10 (6 mm)

Abbreviations:
ch = chain
st = stitch
Sl st = slip stitch
HDC = half double crochet
DC = double crochet

Ch 24 (as I said, I'm not an expert pattern maker, but I'd say increase or decrease by 2 to change sizes)

Without twisting, sl st to beginning ch to form ring

Round 1: ch 1, HDC in each st around.  Sl st to ch 1.  Do not turn.

Round 2: ch 2, DC in each st around.  Sl st to top of ch 2.  Turn.

Round 3-4:  Repeat round 2

Round 5: sl st across 3 DC.  DC in next 18.  (Leave the remaining 3 stitches of this round unworked and that will equal out to be 24!) DO NOT JOIN.  Turn.

Round 6: ch 2, DC in 18 DC.  Ch 5.  Sl st to 1st DC.  Turn.

Round 7: ch 2, DC around.  Turn.

Round 8-9: Repeat round 7.

Round 10:  ch 1, HDC around.  DO NOT TURN.

Round 11-16 (or however long you want the cuffs):  Repeat round 10.

2 comments:

  1. I have used your pattern and like it. I have a question in Round 5 the sl st 3 Dc and the DC 18 does not equal 24. Also I must crochet loose because I felt I needed to sc around the thumb area. It turned out good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for the late reply, I went MIA there for a bit! Thank you for bringing that up, you're supposed to leave 3 unworked after the 18 DC which will equal 24. Sorry for the confusion and I will edit the post.

    ReplyDelete